As an Amazon Associate I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you.
Neato Robotics, based in San Jose, California, is a robotics business. The company’s robotic vacuum cleaners are well-known. The D form of Neato robot vacuums makes it possible for them to vacuum edges. The Botvac Connected series, which supports voice commands, incorporates Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT technologies.
Neato Botvac D80 Review
The Botvac D80 is a little improvement over the Botvac D80. According to Neato, the motor and brush have been improved, resulting in greater overall performance on carpet and bare floors. If you’re on a tight budget and want the most from your money, then the D80 is the ideal option.
Features at a Glance:
- It comes with a side brush, just like the original BotVac series.
- Capacity: 7 liters of dry soil.
- It is equipped with two blades: a combination of a hairbrush and a carpet cleaning spiral brush.
- It still runs on a NiCad battery, which gives you about an hour and a half of run time.
- The robot has a one-year warranty, and the battery has a six-month warranty.
- Even in low-light circumstances, laser navigation technology allows you to use it.
- It is quite excellent at avoiding obstacles and will not collide with them.
- It removes pet hair efficiently compared to other vacuum cleaners.
- You may program it to clean once a day for up to 7 days a week, even at various times for each day of the week, just like all other Neato robot vacuums.
- It takes two hours to charge fully.
- It has a brush cleaning tool that assists to remove dust and dirt from the brush.
What I Like:
- Navigates Efficiently
- Provides side brush to clean the corners
- Dirt capacity is huge
- In terms of cleaning pet hair, it surpassed BotVac.
- Hair and carpet brushes are included.
- Even in low-light circumstances, the laser-guided navigation system allows you to utilize it.
What I Don’t Like:
- A NiCad battery is still used.
- Because the cliff sensors see dark flooring or carpets as “cliffs,” it will not go over there to clean.
- Slightly more costly than the BotVac models, which perform better.
- Despite the improvements, it still falls short of its predecessor, the BotVac D80.
Neato Botvac D85 Review
It always feels good to arrive home that is freshly vacuumed and Netato Botvac D85 does this job effectively. With their Botvac series, Neato has provided a terrific deal when it comes to robot cleaning power.
Features at a Glance:
- The Botvac D85 is an adorable little robot that will immediately become your closest buddy, and it retains the successful ‘D-Shaped’ appearance from previous models. Neato’s design guarantees that even the tiniest of corners are covered throughout your house.
- The vacuum’s side brushes clean the borders of the walls without a problem.
- Unlike most other vacuums, Neato Botvac D85 includes an LED display on the top of the vacuum, which use remote control. This is where you establish cleaning routines and manage the vacuum.
- It also comes with a high geared filter and a combo brush specifically intended to remove pet hair. The combo brush is silent, particularly on hard floors like wood and tile, and the transition from carpet to tile is seamless.
- Compared to typical robots that move randomly, the Neato Botvac cleans the same floor up to 4 times faster thanks to LaserSmart Technology.
- There are a variety of accessories available for your device, just like there are for any other gadget nowadays. The boundary marking feature is a great addition if you’re worried about a Neato Botvac going into areas you don’t want it. The Botvac will avoid failure if you place strips of up to 13 feet in length around your household.
- If the length of the floor that has to be vacuumed is too enormous for the Neato Botvac D85 to vacuum in one battery cycle, this would return to the docking station, recharge, and then return to the same room where it last went to finish the job.
What I Like:
- It can scan and map out the path that has to be taken to clean each room in your house.
- The Neato Botvac D85 calculates the most effective route around your house, which helps to save your battery from depleting over time.
- This device identifies barriers and moves past them quickly and effectively without skipping a beat.
- The Neato Botvac D85’s suction strength is exceptionally strong, and when coupled with a blade brush, accurate edge cleaning side brush, extra-large filter, and bagless bin, you have the maximum power and comfort.
- Because of its highly efficient filter, this vacuum is potent enough to suck up any dirt and debris present on your floors while also ensuring that no harmful or toxic particles are stirred up in the air.
- During the cleaning procedure, it moves from room to room independently.
- You may also schedule this device to operate every day at any time.
- It cleans quietly without making any noise.
- The D-shape of the Neato Botvac D85 allows it to access all those hard-to-get areas.
What I Don’t Like:
- When there are a lot of hurdles in the way, it will be hard to decide where to go next.
- The sensor will not always read the items of furniture and will frequently become trapped beneath them.
- This vacuum cleaner slows down and even gets stuck on a deep pile carpet.
Neato BotVac D80 vs D85
Similarities Between Neato BotVac D80 & D85
- Both versions have the same form that allows them to fit into tight spaces.
- They both feature the same suction and dual-action brush mechanism.
- The mapping and navigational programs on both models are excellent.
- Both have a fantastic recharge and resume function.
- Boundary markers are included in both models.
- Both versions are excellent for removing pet hair.
- Both have a dust bin with a large capacity.
- The edge cleaning mechanism on both versions is excellent.
- They both perform effectively on both hard and soft surfaces.
- Both models offer similar interchangeable brushes.
Differences Between Neato BotVac D80 & D85
- Netato Botvac D85 features three high-efficiency air filters compared to the D80’s single high-efficiency air filter. This indicates that it is significantly more effective at cleaning the air it emits.
- Neato Botvac D85 has a more specific scheduling function compared to D80.
- D85 has longer battery life than D80
- D85 has boundary markers that are not present in the D80 model.
- The D85’s brushes have been upgraded quite well to help cope with pet hair and carpets.
When it comes to the Netato Botvac D80 vs D85 fight, there is no obvious winner. Certainly, the Netato Botvac D85 is a little better and more sophisticated than the D80 in terms of technology, but it also costs a lot more. So, it depends on your preference, taste, and affordability.