As an Amazon Associate, I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you.
Upholstery steam cleaners are one of the most versatile and effective ways to clean your furniture. From removing tough stains to simply freshening up your couch, these cleaners can do it all. But with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know which is the best for your needs.
That’s why we’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the best upholstery steam cleaners of 2023. Read on for our top picks, as well as a buyer’s guide to help you make the right choice for your home.
Table of Contents
What to Look for in an Upholstery Steam Cleaner
When it comes to choosing an upholstery steam cleaner, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider the type of fabric you’ll be cleaning. Some fabrics are more delicate than others and will require a gentler cleaning solution.
Think about the features you need. Some steam cleaners come with attachments for different types of fabrics, while others have built-in spot-cleaning capabilities. Consider what would make your life easier when choosing a steam cleaner.
Take price into account. Upholstery steam cleaners range in price from around $60 to $200. Choose the one that fits your budget and meets your needs.
The Top Five Upholstery Steam Cleaners of 2023
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when it comes to upholstery steam cleaners. First, you want to make sure that the steam cleaner you choose is going to be gentle on your fabrics. You also want to consider the features that are important to you and find a model that has them.You’ll also want to read reviews to see what other people have thought about the models you’re considering.
With all of that in mind, here are the top five upholstery steam cleaners of 2023:
- Hoover Max Extract Multi-Surface Pro Carpet and Floor Cleaner Machine – This Hoover model is a great choice for those who are looking for a powerful but gentle upholstery steam cleaner. It’s perfect for cleaning carpets, floors, and upholstered furniture. It features two tank technology so that you can clean with fresh water and then clean again with distilled water to remove any residue. Plus, it has a SpinScrub brush system that will help loosen and lift dirt and stains from your fabrics.
- Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Upholstery Tool – The Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 is another excellent choice for those who need a powerful but gentle upholstery steam cleaner. It comes with an upholstery tool attachment that makes it perfect for cleaning furniture as well as carpets and floors. In addition, it features a three-stage vibration system that loosens and lifts dirt and stains
How to Use an Upholstery Steam Cleaner
To use an upholstery steam cleaner, you will first need to vacuum the piece of furniture to remove any surface dirt and debris. Once the vacuuming is complete, you can then start the steaming process.
Most devices have a hand-held attachment that you will use to apply the hot water and steam evenly across the surface of the furniture. You will want to work in sections, making sure not to over-saturate the fabric. After you have gone over the entire piece of furniture with the steamer, you can then use the vacuum attachment to remove any excess water.
Upholstery steam cleaning is a great way to refresh your furniture and remove any built-up dirt and grime. With just a few simple steps, you can have your furniture looking like new again!
Tips for Maintaining your cleaner
Your upholstery steam cleaner is an important part of keeping your furniture clean and free of dirt, dust, and other allergens. Here are some tips for maintaining your upholstery steam cleaner so that it continues to work effectively:
- Use filtered water in your upholstery steam cleaner. This will help to remove any impurities from the water that could clog the machine or damage the fabrics you’re cleaning.
- Empty the tank after each use and refill it with fresh water. This will help to prevent build-up of minerals and other deposits that can clog the machine or reduce its effectiveness.
- Descale your upholstery steam cleaner on a regular basis. This will help to remove any calcium or other mineral deposits that can accumulate over time and affect the performance of your machine.
- If you notice any build-up on the nozzle or other parts of the machine, clean it off with a soft cloth dampened with distilled water. This will help to keep the machine clean and working properly.
- Store your upholstery steam cleaner in a cool, dry place when not in use. This will help to protect the machine from moisture and excessive heat, which can damage its components.
Advantages of upholstery steam cleaning
Steam cleaning is often the best and most effective way to clean. Not only does it kill germs and bacteria, but it can also remove tough stains and dirt that regular cleaning methods may not be able to do. In addition, steam cleaning is a gentle way to clean upholstery, so it won’t damage delicate fabrics or cause color fading.
Disadvantages of upholstery steam cleaning
Upholstery steam cleaning is often thought of as the best way to clean upholstered furniture, but there are some disadvantages to using this method. One of the biggest ones is that it can take a long time to clean a piece of furniture this way. In addition, this kind of cleaning can be quite expensive, and it is not always easy to find a company that offers this service.
After reading through our reviews of the best upholstery steam cleaners, you should have a good idea of which one is right for you. No matter which cleaner you choose, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to get the best results and extend the life of your upholstery.